You can buy this collar or… you can make one very much like it.
This collar design could be a DIY project for your boy. Take him to the craft supplies store and let him pick the colours himself. (Of course, you must approve).
You will need:
- an elastic (not a rubber band) which can fit around his neck snugly but not tight.
- a fancy button, maybe something metallic or sparkly.
- ribbon, enough to make a double bow.
- lace, just enough to gather under the bow.
- sewing needle and thread.
This shouldn’t be an expensive project for those budget-minding types (like myself.
If you can thread your ribbon through the button hole do so. Likely most won’t work that way. So just wrap your ribbon into a double bow, thread your needle and sew the button into place to hold the ribbon in shape.
Next, gather the lace at one end to form a half circle and sew that into place behind your ribbon and the button.
Lastly, sew the ends of your elastic together and sew the ribbon/lace/button into the ends at the same time. Basically, just pull it all together and try to keep it tidy looking. If you like, add a scrap of fabric to cover your stitches and smooth out the finished product.
Now your boy has a fancy new collar! Wear it well.